ICare – Intensive Centers for Academics, Relationships and Emotions
ICARE exists in order to provide transition services for students K-12, entering the district via residential placement, with the goal of acquiring the necessary skills and stability to receive educational services in a less restrictive environment. Additionally, services are provided to make best efforts to stabilize student behaviors prior to a documented need for residential placement. The instruction and services are based upon the unique needs that result from the student’s disability and current behavioral challenges.
• Increase student behavioral functionality.
• Provide a safe and stable environment to foster student success.
• Promote generalization of skills across multiple settings.
• Teach the recognition and identification of specific emotions and their function.
• Increase positive interactions and safe, responsible and respectful school-appropriate behaviors.
• Transition the student to their least restrictive environment, in the timeliest manner possible, as demonstrated by daily data collection records and individual student progress and success.
Through a structured, systemic, yet individual approach, we strive to teach, foster and strengthen the necessary social, emotional, academic and life skills for students to transition and acclimate successfully in less restrictive environments within the school district and surrounding community.