Registration for the following school year is completed each spring. All students are given registration forms to complete. These forms must be signed by a parent. The accurate completion of each student’s spring registration form is most important as it is used to build the Master Schedule and to staff the building for the following year. For this reason, the courses a student designates on the registration form cannot be changed except for the following reasons:
- If a student fails a necessary prerequisite the spring semester, i.e., Algebra 1–could not take Algebra 2 the next year.
- If there is an irreconcilable conflict, students may have to pick a course that does not conflict. For example, a student selects two courses, there is only one section of both courses and the two courses meet the same period, the student would have to select another course.
- If a course is dropped due to lack of enrollment, i.e., only ten students sign up for a course, then the student will be given the opportunity to pick an additional course.
- If a course has more students registered for it than the facilities can handle, i.e., auto mechanics, then some students will be contacted in the spring so that they can select another course.
- To meet an area of standards.
New Student/Transfer Student Enrollment Steps
- Contact the LHS counseling office at 307-721-4488. You will be asked to complete an Authorization to Release Records request in order to obtain records from the student’s previous school. The completed Authorization to Release Records form needs to be completed in the counseling office where it will be processed and sent to the student’s previous school. We need official transcripts and immunization records in order to continue the process of enrollment.
- Go to the ACSD website in order to complete the online registration form.
- When LHS receives the student’s records, the school will contact you to set up an appointment with the student’s counselor. This appointment will include:
- Transcript evaluation – explanation of how we transferred previous classes and an overview of the student’s new LHS transcript.
- Graduation requirements – discussion of LHS graduation requirements and what is still needed to complete them.
- Scheduling classes – based on what is needed, schedule required classes as well as elective classes.
- School tour – take a tour of LHS and get information about the student’s locker and daily schedule.