Big Brothers Big Sisters of Wyoming
BBBS offers successful mentoring relationships for all children who need and want them, contributing to brighter futures, better schools and stronger communities for all. Contact BBBS at 307-742-2227, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518 Ord Street, Laramie, WY.
- Supporting Local Teens: After school HUB Program serves as a safe location to offer adolescents a number of structured and positive recreational activities for youth 6th grade and up. It’s about developing a relationship, not just tutoring.
- Enhancing Juvenile Justice: The Progressive Youth and Diversion Programs are structured to offer adjudicated youth positive and supportive adults in mentoring relationships. The program is a restorative justice approach to juvenile justice. Components include: positive recreation, life skills training, community & family support services and academic assistance.
- One on One Program: Matches a volunteer and a child based on similar interests and personalities. The program is for all kids ages 5-16 that are interested in developing a positive relationship with an adult.
For low-income single mothers looking for a career change or needing training in a career area. Also, for single mothers looking at being independent or living on their own. CLIMB Wyoming Laramie Office located at 217 South 1st Street.
Extended Families Wraparound Services
Services for Every Family because…..Every Family Matters! Families work with a facilitator and a Family Support Partner to develop and support the prioritized needs of the family for high fidelity wraparound services. For application process, call 307-742-3302 to receive more information. Meet with an Extended Families Coordinator and assigned facilitator to learn about the programs and to have your questions answered.
- Monitored Exchanges – serves divorced families experiencing exceptional difficulty in the transfer of their children.
- Parenting Classes – individual and group parenting classes available in the office and in the home. No fee for these classes.
Grace for 2 Brothers
Grace for 2 Brothers. Suicide prevention through Awareness and Education. For more information and resources, click on the link above.
Kid Care CHIP
Low-cost health care coverage for uninsured children and teens. CHIP is a partnership between the Wyo. Dept. of Health, BCBS and Delta Dental of Wyoming to offer low cost and free health insurance for uninsured children. Some families may qualify for free coverage and others will be asked to pay a share of the cost.
Laramie Youth Works
Participants in the Wyo. Dept. of Workforce Services WORKS program will be paid $7.25 per hour to attend workshops regarding the world of work. WORKS Orientations are held in January and June of each year. Successful workshop participants will be placed into a 400-hour PAID work experience program with a local employer. Work Experiences may continue into summer jobs. For more information, contact: 742-2153 or 3817 Beech Street, STE 100.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The Lifeline is free, confidential and always available. Suicide is preventable. Call the Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Learn the warning signs at the link above. Risk is greater if a behavior is new or has increased and if it seems related to a painful event, loss or change. Help a loved one, a friend, or yourself. With help comes hope!
Parents as Teachers (Affiliate)
Program offers free home visits for parents and their young children. Helps your child become better prepared to do well in school. You can participate if you are currently pregnant or have a child 24 months of age or younger and live in Albany County. It helps parents and family members link to other community resources and learn from other families, and become more involved in their child’s development. Contact: Charli Raben @ 307-343-0359 or email@example.com and Shawnn Hartley @ 307-760-2629 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wyoming at Work
Local job search with regularly updated available employment in the Laramie and surrounding communities.